http://news.yahoo.com/texas-judge-expected-rule-cheerleader-lawsuit-over-ban-143029413.html
In summary, this article is about how cheerleaders at a public high school in Texas put up posters that said "If God is for us, who can be against us" at a high school football game. The Freedom From Religion Foundation complained about these banners. They are saying that these posters violate the first amendment and that a public school is not allowed to suggest a religion. The Kountze High School cheerleaders sued, arguing that the ban of the posters violates there freedom of speech. State Judge Steve Thomas allowed the posters to stay up until he could issue a ruling.
My thoughts:
Personally, I believe that these posters should not be allowed at a public school. I think these posters are suggesting Catholicism and that should not be allowed at a public school. Lastly, I think the school should simply take the posters down and the charges should be dropped.
No comments:
Post a Comment